How to pay PLDT bill using GCash (PLDT Fibr or PLDT Home DSL)
If your answer to both question is YES, then this blog post is for you!
But wait… PLDT and GCash? Are you serious?
PLDT have their own version of mobile money service: Paymaya?!
I know. I was also puzzled at this but it turns out, they really do allow it.
Let me show you how to pay PLDT bill using GCash.
You may watch this video or go through the guide below, whichever is convenient for you. Enjoy! ?
Paying PLDT Bills using GCash
1. Open the GCash app.
2. Enter your four digit MPIN.
3. Click on the Pay Bills icon.
For this guide, take note of the available balance.
4. Find the Telecoms icon and click on it.
Thanks to the comment of Marco Matias below, we revisited the GCash app and found out that they have updated it. This guide is now updated.
Thank you Marco! 🙂
5. Select PLDT DSL from the telecom merchant choices.
Before, they only have PLDT as option here.
After their update, they now have 3 options for PLDT: DSL, Landline and Ultera.
Choose which one applies to you.
Since our PLDT has a DSL with it, we will choose PLDT DSL for this guide.
6. Input your PLDT account details such as your 10 digit account number, 3 digit area code + telephone number and the amount that you need to pay.
For the telephone number field, here is an example: 632 999 5555
- 63 is the Philippines country code
- 2 is the area code
- 999 5555 is the telephone number
You also have the option to input your email address so that you will receive an emailed copy of your payment transaction.
For those who do not know their account number or telephone number area code, check out your PLDT statement of account.
As you can see in the image below, you can find it at the top right inside the box labeled Billing Information.
You can also find your account number and telephone number at the lower portion of the bill within the Payment Stub section:
7. On the next screen, you’ll have the option to review the amount that you will be paying.
Click on the next button.
8. There is another confirmation option screen for you to review.
Double check if all the details are correct and if they are, hit on the Confirm button.
9. You will now receive a note saying that payment was received.
Here, you will also have the option to manually download this transaction details by clicking on the download icon on the top right corner.
If you added your email address earlier, this is a sample email of what you will receive as payment receipt.
10. Aside from the transaction details on the app and the payment receipt that you may receive via email, you will also get a confirmation text message from GCash along with your updated GCash balance.
11. After you click on the done button, you can verify right away if the transaction was successful by double checking if the amount was debited from your GCash available balance.
As you can see here, it indeed was.
12. I am not sure if it is always the case but after approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, we received a text message from PLDT confirming the payment transaction.
I guess you do not need to wait for days before the payment is confirmed by PLDT which is awesome. 🙂
Did you encounter any issues with your payment? Let us know in the comments below!
Financial Transactions Made Easy!
More on our Youtube Channel.